The Good Life Meditation for March 22nd, 2017
Another day of life… How very fortunate I am. How might I use this time well? How can I keep conscious of my responsibilities as a father, husband, son, brother, friend, coworker and citizen? How can I also remain honest to my own nature, and move forward in the best manner possible while in service to all of these?
Affirmation of Human Rights
I must remember the lesser represented individuals within my society, and keep in mind their rights and make choices which serve not only the interests of the many, but also the few and the one. This is a tough balancing act, as compromises must be made.
These five are my objectives for today. I will strive to improve the day through their pursuit.
- The Development and Maintenance of Good Life Principals
- The Cultivation of Good Emotional Reactions
- The Performance of Good Actions
- Understanding My True Scope of Control
- Honest Assessment of Opportunity
- Principal of War
- Principal of Reason (Honesty & Objectivity)
- Home of Good and Evil
- Principals (Biology & Virtue)
- Atomic Principal
- Principal of Nature
- Principal of Maturity (Wisdom & Fortitude)
- Social Principal (Diplomacy & Justice)
- The Feast of Offal
- Temperance (Suffering, Simplicity & Apathy)
- Agency & The Great Indifference
- The Best Seat in the House
- The Path of Wildness
- The Risk of Avoiding Risk
- Sin & Damnation (Falsity, Credulity, Faith, Superstition & Dogma)
- Complete Oblivion (no final Reunion, Reconciliation or Justice)
- The Great Life Adventure
- The Season of Philosophy
- Arena & Utility
Today’s Thought and Action Plan
My plan for today is to maintain better control of my thinking and the subsequent decisions and actions which follow from my thoughts. It’s tough being at work. It’s tough being away. It’s tough taking on the many responsibilities and challenges of being a grown man with a job and a family. I have many worries which rise up into my thinking throughout the day. These flavor, temper and push my consciousness to places where I am more reacting than acting, which is a little like having someone other than me at the controls of my own life. My goal in keeping better watch and control on my thoughts is to maintain this control and to act more as my own first agent. My action plan is to watch my breathing throughout the day, and to control this as a mechanism to maintain first focus.
I expect I’ll face some challenging moments today. For example, I haven’t been able to spend any time on one of my projects this week (or for the last few weeks) which really needs some attention. To handle this I will place this project first on my list to attend to today. However, I will only attend to this AFTER I have wrapped up yesterday’s activities. There’s more to add to this plan, though sadly it’s 5:32 AM now and I need to go to work.